We all struggle with double unders. The best thing to do is practice practice practice. Here are some helpful tips and a great instruction video from Chris Spealler from CrossFit Park City. Please ask if you have questions or need help!
- Rope lenth is important. Find a rope that fits from the ground to about just below the armpit area.
- Hands on side of body about hip height and slightly in front – TIGHT to the body
- Rope speed comes from the wrist not the shoulders. Hold the hands in tight and flick the wrist. Too much shoulder is inefficient
- Jump only slightly higher than single jumps
- Like deadlifts or heavy squats, pick a focal point out in front of your jumping location and key on the focal point
- Stay tight, midline tight, focus on stability
Here is a great tutorial from Chris Spealler. This guy can do double unders in his sleep: