…PALEO CHEESECAKE THAT IS!
Cashew Cheesecake courtesy of Paleotable.com (http://www.paleotable.com/2012/06/cashew-cheesecake-minis-raw.html)
Ingredients Crust 1/2 cup raw pecans heaping 1/2 cup soft pitted dates 1/4 cup raw flaked coconut pinch sea salt NOTE: The crust recipe makes enough for about 20 tarts, but you will have leftover filling. Double the crust recipe if you want to make more. Filling 4 cups raw cashews that have been soaked in water and drained NOTE: Do not skip the soaking! I soaked 2 cups of cashews for 24 hours and the volume expanded by about 50 percent to yield the 4 cups. If you soak for less time, you will probably need to start with more cashews. 2/3 cup raw honey, liquified 2/3 cup coconut oil (do not substitute), liquified 2/3 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice beans from 2 4 vanilla pods, scraped or 2 4 tsp vanilla extract
- Combine crust ingredients in a food processor and process until it holds together when pressed. Add another date, if needed.
- Press crust evenly into the bottom of tart tin, or muffin tin, or 8-inch springform pan. NOTE: When I used the brownie bite pan, I didn’t include the crust.
- Prepare filling by combining all ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth. I used the puree setting on my blender. Once you feel the filling is smooth enough, blend it a little more. NOTE:You probably won’t be able to get a smooth enough consistency using a food processor, but something like a Vitamix would work great.
- Pour the filling on top of the crust.
- Cover loosely and freeze for 4 hours or overnight.
- Remove cheesecake from freezer 30 minutes before serving. If you leave them out too long, it becomes cashew pudding! Still delicious though!