- 1 cup macadamia nuts
- 4 dates
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 3 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- 15 strawberries, diced
- 3 1/2 large Pink Lady or Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and cut into cubes
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 orange juice
- A pinch of nutmeg powder
- A pinch of cinnamon powder
- 1 tbsp whole butter
- Heat butter in a medium saucepan. Add all filling ingredients, stir and bring to boil. Turn the heat to low and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until apples have softened and the mix has thickened and caramelized slightly.
- Half way through cooking the apple and strawberries, pre-heat oven on 150C.
- Using a food processor, grind macadamia nuts and dates into crumbs. Add coconut flour and coconut oil and process into moist crumbs. Finally add shredded coconut and blend together until well incorporated. Set aside.
- Divide apple and strawberry filling between four small baking dishes and fill with 1 ½ centimeter thick layer of crumble mixture. Bake in the oven, on the middle shelf, for 15-20 minutes or until brown crust forms on top.
- Serve with fresh strawberries and some coconut cream or as is