Tis the season for soul warming comfort food!
Butternut Squash Soup
What you’ll need:
1 small onion, chopped
2tbs coconut oil
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1tsp sea salt
1 medium/large butternut squash, peeled and chopped
1 quart chicken stock
1. Saute chopped onion in the coconut oil in a large pot.
2. Add in cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
3. Add chopped butternut squash to pot, pour in chicken broth.
4. Boil the butternut squash in the broth until tender (about 15-20 mins)
5. Puree the mixture in a food processor or blender until smooth.
6. Garnish with a sprinkling of cinnamon and chopped walnuts. ENJOY!!
(recipe courtesy of “The Food Lovers Make it Paleo.”)