Strength – Bench Press – 10,8,5,5,5,3,3,3
5 Sets of 7 Rounds
Power Clean – Front Squat – Pushpress – Back Squat – Pushpress = 1 round
Rules of the Bear Complex:
1. No resting on the ground (even to re-grip). Failure to do so designates a failed set and the athlete must stop.
2. Failed sets absolutely count as one of your five.
3. Athletes can break up or combine the movements as long as the following are met: the clean starts at the ground and finishes standing with the hip at full extension, squats go below parallel and push presses finished locked out overhead.
4. Push jerks are acceptable.
5. There is no time component for a set, the athlete can rest anywhere EXCEPT on the ground.
6. Athletes perform 7 rounds of the sequence to get through one set. There are 5 sets.
Only count the final full set as your score.
Athlete 1 does 95lbs/115lbs/135lbs/155lbs/165lbs, but is unable to complete a full set at 165lbs their score would be 155lbs.
***make sure to challenge yourself for each set…don’t do 4 super light sets to get a heavy 5th set*** Start with a weight you know you can do and then increase your weight each round